ZIP is seeking a permanent, full-time GIS and Data Analyst to join our team in Karori, Wellington.
The purpose of this role is to think beyond the data to inform the big picture.
As a ZIP GIS and Data Analyst you will produce timely and accurate geospatial outputs, along with data support, to enable robust analysis of results, rapid communication of progress, and to inform the next step for projects.
With your strong eye for detail and the resilience to handle changing priorities and short deadlines, the geospatial solutions you provide will play a critical role in the continued development of the Remove and Protect model, while enabling collective learning across the wider ZIP team.
In addition, you will provide field data capture and processing advice, informal training, and support across the ZIP team, including through spending time with our field staff at their research sites around NZ.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- A minimum of 2 years proven GIS experience or equivalent experience and training
- Proven experience with the ArcGIS suite of software
- A tertiary qualification in maths, computer science, physical sciences, engineering or another numerical discipline; or in geography and GIS
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- A good eye for detail, even under time pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a complex, dynamic and collaborative environment
View the role description.
Read about our team culture.
For more information, please email Susannah Aitken at email@example.com, providing your name and a contact phone number.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 22 August 2018.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Susannah Aitken at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting 'GIS and Data Analyst Vacancy' in the subject header.